[luatex] behavior of \write in LuaTeX differs from the one of PdfTeX/XeTeX

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Thu Mar 26 18:38:10 CET 2015

Le 26 mars 2015 à 18:23, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> a écrit :

> On 3/26/2015 5:09 PM, jfbu wrote:
>
>> ok, but I don't understand here your reference to \obeylines, as there was no \obeylines but a \catcode13=12 in my code, but maybe that's just a missing "if you use \obeylines.."
>
> it saw in some posted link but didn't look too close into it as i don't run latex here
>
> % http://tug.org/pipermail/lualatex-dev/2011-November/001376.html

this explains it!

let me correct my

> file, contrarily to tex82 which writes stuff like ^^c3^^a9, ^^c3^^a0 for utf-8

that should have been a reference TeX3 (from what I read in TeX by Topic)
which was released in 1989 (if I trust the wikipedia page).

... but everybody knows that on the list, me too, except every 3 months I
must redo \immediate\write\brain{DATA}  ...

best
Jean-François