[luatex] fine grained discretionary's penalty

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Sat Mar 14 15:17:12 CET 2015

Dear All,

First I would like to remind a bug I've reported here[1] and that has
already been discussed on the list here[2]. It starts to be blocking for
me... do you think it's possible for someone who doesn't really know
LuaTeX codebase to work on it? If not, are you planning to look at it?
Is a bounty something imaginable?

Also, for a quite complex project, I need to assign different penalties
to discretionaries of the same paragraph. I've asked on [3], but it
doesn't seem possible with PdfTeX. Is there currently a way to do so in
LuaTeX (by hacking the nodes)? If not, would it be doable, like by
adding a 'penalty' field to disc nodes, with \hyphenpenalty (or any
other relevant value) assigned to it be default, but changeable?

Thank you!

[1] http://tracker.luatex.org/view.php?id=842
[2] http://tug.org/pipermail/luatex/2013-July/004509.html
[3]