[luatex] lang.patterns

Javier Bezos listas at tex-tipografia.com
Tue Jun 23 16:20:38 CEST 2015

First, let me point out I'm still with 0.79 (TL14), because I'm working
on a book and I won't update until finished (in a couple of months).

According to the docs, lang.patterns "Adds additional patterns for this
language object, or returns the current set."

And indeed it does... but they are not recognized. However, the
following works:

   pats = lang.patterns(lang.new(0))
   lang.clear_patterns(lang.new(0))
   lang.patterns(lang.new(0), pats .. ' 9e8t9e8t9')

Is this the intended behaviour? I'm working on a \babelpatterns for
babel with luatex (which complements the current \babelpatterns),
and I'd like to know if it's a bug (and if it's, if it has been
fixed).

Javier