[luatex] [tex-live] lltxplatform integration

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Jun 5 02:57:57 CEST 2015

On 6/4/2015 1:22 PM, Élie Roux wrote:

> I wish good luck to someone wanting to maintain that! Having the
> binaries in TeXLive is more statical, but seems way more simple... at
> least if this package manager is supposed to be shared by the different
> formats... But maybe you meant that ConTeXt would have its package
> manager and its compiled package database, "LaTeX" (whatever that means)
> or TeXLive would have another one, etc.?

we already have an infrastructure for compiling for years and swiglibs
will be part of it (given demand) .. this is also handy for testing
luatex betas (and i'm no too interested in spending time on making sure
all we do also works in whatever macro package)

but the reference is always the yearly tl distribution (and it is
unlikely that context expects tex live to ship extra libraries fo rits
usage)