[luatex] [lltx] paragraph breaking in lua (node-ltp)

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Thu Sep 25 09:39:39 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 25 Sep 2014, at 08:58, Élie Roux <elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu> wrote:

>> I recently learned that Taco (I think) did a full reimplementation in
>> lua that would be perfect for me to do a few experiments.
>>
>> Unfortunately I'm unable to to make this work e.g., produce a short TeX
>> file that actually uses the code. Anybody out there who could give a
>> helping hand?
>
> The best would certainly be to make a short plain TeX example using the
> raw file, and start to work on the bugs, maybe Taco and Hans would be
> ready to help?

The node-ltp.lua file in ConTeXt has this alternative paragraph breaker in lua.

The code in there was originally written by me, but then modified quite a bit
by Hans: he adapted it for use in ConTeXt as well as improved the structure
to make better advantage of the lua programming language. As I wrote on
SX, use within ConTeXt should be simple:

  \startparbuilder[basic]
  This is a sample paragraph ....
  \stopparbuilder

but the code is bit outdated (has bugs right now). It is connected to ConTeXt,
but mostly in the diagnostics code, not in its code functionality. Whether Hans
wants to create an agnostic version, I do not know, but it would not hurt to ask.

Best wishes,
Taco