[luatex] Luaotfload still (or again?) broken in current TeXLive 2013 (frozen)

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Thu May 8 19:47:34 CEST 2014

Am Thu, 8 May 2014 18:57:11 +0200 schrieb Wolfgang Keller:

> The bug that I described is found hundreds of times by Google in dozens
> of LaTeX "forums", mailinglists, newsgroups, web sites etc. all over the
> world. And it seems to keep re-surfacing like the monster of Loch Ness,
> in a totally unpredictible way.

Well I'm reading quite a lot messages in various groups and I can't
remember such message in the last month.

>> A minimal document and log-files are needed.

> The minimal document was *empty*.

You are trying to compile an empty file? I don't believe this. Your
document body may be empty, but your preamble contains something and
this something (e.g. fontspec) would setup the latin modern fonts if
you don't change this.

> The minimal document was *empty*. And of course I have work to do, so I
> just ran that update tool manually and got on. So there are no log
> files any more.

Then don't complain. When I get errors and want them fixed then I
make quite sure that I can sent the maintainers all necessary
informations they need. I don't delete the stuff and complain
afterward why they don't fix things.

>> luaotfload is about system fonts. So you should also mention your
>> OS.

> I never use "system" fonts. All my OTF typefaces are in texmf-local.

But luaotfload also scans the system fonts. So unless your system
font folder is completly empty it matters what fonts are there.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/