[luatex] Installing luatex beta to work with lualatex?

stefano franchi stefano.franchi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 18:32:49 CET 2014

Dear all,

I tried to test out the new 0.78.2 beta version of luatex but I cannot
figure out how to get it to work with lualatex. Here is what I did:

1. Downloaded and compiled the luatex executable

2. Moved the executable to the standard  TL location
(/usr/local/texlive/2013/bin/x86_64-linux/luatex) and moved the old
executable (version 0.76) to a different name

3. Rebuilt all formats with tlmgr

Now starting luatex from the shell correctly invokes version 0.78,2, but
calling lualatex still runs the old version (0.76).

Is there any other step I am supposed to take?

Cheers,

Stefano

Stefano Franchi
Associate Research Professor
Department of Hispanic Studies            Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-6421
College Station, Texas, USA

stefano at tamu.edu
http://stefano.cleinias.org