[luatex] [bisected] Re: glyph width with palt + kern features

Philipp Gesang philipp.gesang at alumni.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Dec 8 08:30:11 CET 2014

···<date: 2014-12-08, Monday>···<from: Akira Kakuto>···

> > As you can see, the kern feature does not have an apparent effect
> > in node mode, whereas base mode resembles the output of Xetex.
>
> Here
>     \testme {node_palt_nokern}
> and
>     \testme {node_palt_kern}
> have different widths.
>
> The version is
> mtx-context     | current version: 2014.12.06 14:20
>
> Am I misunderstanding something?

Not at all, you’re simply not running the TL 2014 version. I just
checked with the beta, and you are of course correct. Looks like
this was fixed in Context since. Not in the plain fontloader,
though.

Which allows us to bisect =) Turns out the matter was fixed in
Context *very* recently. I traced it to a change from last week.
On my Context mirror it corresponds to commit
606f30879286f37c0cf0ef42bc225e835d0d596d:

    https://bitbucket.org/phg/context-mirror/commits/606f30879286f37c0cf0ef42bc225e835d0d596d

-- which is, unfortunately, is quite a huge changeset. I’ll
investigate.

Best,
Philipp