[luatex] fontspec + multicols = error

Jacques ANDRÉ jacques.andre35 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 16:05:08 CET 2013

I have the following program on TeXShop :

%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{multicol}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{makeidx}
\makeindex
\begin{document} %
aaaa\index{aaa}
\begin{multicols}{3}
bbb
\printindex
\end{multicols}
\end{document}

I successfully run it with Lualatex
then I successfully run it with makeindex
then, if I try to run it with lualatex again, I must abort it for it loops (infinite number of output pages)

If I delete the \usepackage{fontspec} OR if I comment the \begin{multicols}{3} and \end{multicols} lines, it works.
Obviously, multicols is useless with index, however wich relation with fontspec ??

What's wrong?

I posted this this morning on  MacOS TeX mailing list and I just get this:
> Don't know why this happens but it also happens with xelatex.

Jacques André