[luatex] Hash tokens meaning

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Wed May 29 01:29:57 CEST 2013

> I'm absolutely convinced that everything you're doing at this low
> level is absolutely useless and you waste your time unless you've read
> the TeXbook before.

  Amen to that.  I just counted: considering the book recommendations
we've made in this thread, "Sensei" now has to read

	The TeXbook: 483 pages (\newcount\allpages\allpages=483)
	The TeX sources, a. k. a. "TeX, the Programm": 535 pages (\advance\allpages by 535)
	The LaTeX sources (source2e.pdf): 482 pages (\advance\allpages by 482)
	The LaTeX Companion, 2nd edition: 1090 pages (\advance\allpages by 1090)

hence a total of:

	\showthe\allpages
	> 2590.

pages to read (and a tag price of about 50 euros, I'd guess, for the
TeXbook and the LaTeX Companion).

  I may have forgotten some other resources we mentioned (I recommended
fntguide.pdf at one point, but it's a paltry 25 pages, and it's mostly
redundant with the LaTeX sources and the LaTeX Companion).

	\bye

		Arthur (who just realised that his copy of TLC2 was signed by Michel Goossens)