[luatex] Hash tokens meaning

Sensei senseiwa at gmail.com
Mon May 27 15:55:50 CEST 2013

On 5/27/13 3:31 PM, Robin Fairbairns wrote:
> did you ever learn to swim?  did they teach you by throwing you in the
> deep end of the pool, and telling you to read the instructions on the
> bottom?

No, but they did ask me to enter the pool. I learned by trial and error.

> i ask, because that's what you seem to be doing here.  if you want to
> get a feel for tex, read "tex for the impatient
> (mirror.ctan.org:/info/impatient/book.pdf -- also available in french)

> if (as it seems) you want to learn latex, don't start with the latex
> kernel (which is poorly commented in many places), start from the users'
> point of view, with something like "short introduction to latex"
> (mirror.ctan.org:/info/lshort/english/lshort.pdf -- also available in
> several other languages)

No. I am a happy LaTeX user, I just wanted to see TeX.

I honestly didn't realize that I asked something "deep" or "sensitive",
I thought there just was some kind a cheatsheet somewhere that I didn't
find by myself. I was wrong.

> most people take some time to progress from user-level stuff to reading
> the kernel's code.  (fwiw, my head often swims when reading latex
> internals, and i've been reading it(them) on and off since the 1980s,
> before the current latex 2e was released.)

Well, I'll find myself some time to read it, then :)