[luatex] Support for Thai in LuaTeX

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Tue May 14 16:51:54 CEST 2013

> My question is: are there any plans or visions about how the problem
> should be tackled in LuaTeX in the most elegant way, given the absence
> of the ICU library?
>
> I could also ask differently: suppose that a motivated Thai programmer
> would be willing to work on solving the problem properly. What would
> be the suggested solution?

A very interesting question! Next thing on my todolist is to handle
tibetan. It seems to have the same kind of difficulty, and the rules for
end of lines could be summarized as follows: you can end a line only on
a space (which is rare) or after a certain character (tshegs, U0F0B).
How could it be possible to handle this?

Thank you,
--
Elie