[luatex] mkluatexfontdb devours memory

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Sat May 11 16:11:32 CEST 2013

> That gives the output here:
>
> http://justpaste.it/2loi
>
> I cannot interpret it, sorry …

Well, curiously, it says almost nothing at all...

On 11/05/2013 15:51, Philipp Gesang wrote:
 > Confirmed. I have the same problem with svn revision 4635 on x64
 > Arch. The TL binary is revision 4627, maybe do a debug build of
 > that one?

There have been modifications in the TeXLive binary that haven't reached
LuaTeX svn yet. Anyway, this would be interesting to do the same test:
in the svn directory do

svn up -r 4627
./build.sh --make --debug

and try to copy the binary instead of the other?

On 11/05/2013 15:56, Ismo Toijala wrote:
 > This used to work with revision 4633, which I used to debug a
 > different problem. This resulted in the next revision 4635, which is
 > the latest.
 >
 > Back then, I was combining the self-compiled luatex with TL2012 from
 > the Arch Linux packages by copying into /usr/bin.
 >
 > This means that the problem is not with the code in luatex but with
 > something else in TL2013.
 >
 > I am now going to test compiling the code from TL svn and not luatex
 > svn.

Interesting...

By the way, Arno, can you try reverting to the old binary, rebuild the
formats and try the next step (with valgrind)?

Thanks,
--
Elie