[luatex] mkluatexfontdb devours memory

Ismo Toijala ismo.toijala at gmail.com
Sat May 11 14:40:24 CEST 2013

Hello,

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Élie Roux
<elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu> wrote:
>>> sudo fmtutil-sys --byengine luatex
>>
>> Runs fine for the TeX Live binary, but same errors when using my 0.77
>> build. Did I miss some step in the build process? Do I have to specify
>> paths anywhere?
>
> I have to say I'm stuck... does someone on the list have an idea?

I also run Arch Linux and ran into this problem when testing svn
versions of LuaTeX. Are you sure that you copied the binary into
/usr/bin? This is essential because TeXLive is setup to find the texmf
trees relative to the location of the binary. Élie did include this
step, but you may have missed it due to its unintuitive nature.

Another possibility is to change the configuration in
/etc/texmf/web2c/texmf.conf to use absolute paths. I believe this
should also work.

I hope this helps

Ismo