[luatex] latest 'fixes' don't fix....again.

Evan Cooch evan.cooch at gmail.com
Thu May 9 16:18:34 CEST 2013

> I'm sorry to say something here while I'm not really involved in the
> whole situation (only the lua* part), but what about an option in
> MikTeX to enable/disable updates while TeXLive is in pretest? For me,
> in the workflow of TeXLive, we are in the pretest version where we are
> experimenting big changes, so it's certainly wise for MikTeX to
> consider this?

Beyond that, it would be useful for MikTeX (and other '*TeX distros') to
let us (users) roll-back updates with the click of a button. perhaps TeX
Live already lets you do this (can't say - I've been using MikTeX for a
*long* time). At the moment, I have my own blunt instrument for doing
this - I have one machine I always leave 'one update behind', which I
then use as a local repo to pull from in case my other, 'updated'
machines stop playing nice. This works (more or less), but clearly lacks
elegance.