[luatex] [lltx] Speeding up otf lua cache file load

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Mar 31 06:53:05 CEST 2013

On 2013-03-30 at 10:46:41 +0100, Paul Isambert wrote:

 > > circle into an ellipse by modifying the transformation matrix, but
 > > it's useless because the shape of the pen is distorted too.
 >
 > Transformations were dealt with in Lua (modifying paths), not with the
 > transformation matrix, so I did not encounter that problem.
 >
 > On the other hand, my pen had no shape anyway, because pen shapes were
 > way beyond my programming skills. That's one of the reasons why I
 > dropped the project (there were just too many things I couldn't do; I
 > even tried to tackle 3D, and that definitely killed me).

I'm not talking about the pen shapes you know from Metapost.  Simply
create a path describing a square.  Apply "1 0 0 5 0 0 cm" and you'll
see that vertical lines are thicker than horizontal lines.

 > Since everything boils down to Lua code itself producing PDF code, I
 > don't see why an interface in Lua couldn't be achieved, all the more
 > as it would integrate nicely with the rest of LuaTeX. Note that I've
 > never really done anything in PS, so to me it's just yet another weird
 > language I'd gladly trade for our nice little Lua.

I don't insist on PostScript syntax.  But if you want a fully fledged
graphics interface, you need at least PostScript's functionality.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25