[luatex] disabling ligatures

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Mon Mar 11 21:56:34 CET 2013

Hi all,

this is probably a rather simple question, but I am not sure whether I
have the right starting point for the solution: I want to disable
ligaturing, not only per document, but per paragraph, and, if possible,
per paragraph-part (marked by some user command).

What I can do is setting the "ligaturing" callback to false. Works. As
long as I don't use luaotfload (via fontspec), then I have to clear the
pre_linebreak_filter. Can do, works. But re-activating is more
complicated. Most probably that would also be possible, but I just
wanted to ask whether this is the simplest way to just disaple *all*
ligatures in a given amount of text.

Cheers
Arno