[luatex] Luajittex 0.75.0 announcement

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Sun Mar 3 17:44:08 CET 2013

Marco Patzer wrote:
> On 2013–03–03 Arno Trautmann wrote:
>> I did not rebuild the format with luajittex – is this a problem?
>
> I have no idea, I always rebuilt the format, when I change or update
> the engine. You can find out, just generate a new format, try the
> failing code and see if the error remains :)

I rebuilt it and it produces the same error. Plus, loading the format
needs about 2 seconds. (I mean, after calling

luajittex --fmt=luajitlatex.fmt test.tex

I get

This is LuajitTeX, Version beta-0.72.0-2013010315
  restricted \write18 enabled.

than nothing happens for 2 seconds, then it goes on with

(./test.tex

etc. I produced the format by just copying the lualatex.ini and renaming
it into luajitlatex.ini, than executing

luajittex --ini --jiton luajitlatex.ini

Do I miss an important point somewhere? When i build a plain format by
copying/renaming luatex.ini, I do not get this delay of 2s. So,
something with the lualatex format does not fit with luajittex? …

cheers
Arno