[luatex] Luatex 0.75.0 announcement
taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Mar 1 14:54:50 CET 2013
I have just uploaded the archives for a new luatex release, 0.75.0.
Most noticeable changes:
* New expandable primitive \Uchar.
* Metapost 1.790.
* New version of lnodelib.c with speedups by Hans and Luigi.
Also added some extra sanity checks to the Lua node field
* Support 'umath' in tex.extraprimitives(), so that formats can
make the \Umath* primitives unprefixed, now that they will be
provided by XeTeX as well.
* Removed a bunch of deprecated primitives
* \AlephVersion, \Alephrevision, \Alephversion, \Alephminorversion
* \OmegaVersion, \Omegarevision, \Omegaversion, \Omegaminorversion
* \omathcode, \odelcode, \omathchardef, \omathchar, \omathaccent,
* \Umathbotaccent, \Umathaccents
* Fix large file support.
* Fix Lua's loadfile().
* Removed the cidmap callbacks again (let that be done by user lua
code after the fact).
* Removed the fatal error on fonts where num_glyphs is too high,
as that problem is actually harmless.
* Some compilation issues under Win32 and Solaris resolved.
NOTE: You still need an 'installed' pkg-config while building
luatex. Either install pkg-config for your platform, or make
sure there is a binary linking to /bin/true while configuring.
The requirement is for the executable 'pkg-config' itself, not
for any particular package.
* Allow math extender objects to be zero width.
* The 'epdf' library has been extended to deal with finding and
saving embedded files (catalog:numEmbeddedFiles() and catalog:
embeddedFile, new EmbFile object).
The archives can be downloaded from supelec as usual:
You could also check out the sources via anonymous svn:
svn co --username anonsvn --password anonsvn \
Bugs and feature requests can be added to the issue tracker at
More information about the luatex