[luatex] further on 'recent problems' with updates...

Evan Cooch evan.cooch at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 19:26:52 CEST 2013

OK - so I tried the (by nowfamiliar) experiment of reverting back to
older lua*libs, and binaries. And while this normally works, in the
current case, not at all. Even with old lua* everything, I still get

(Fatal format file error: I'm stymied)

So, does this suggest that the problem may in fact lie with updates to
something else, not directly 'lua' related?

The mystery deepens...I'm a bit loathe to do aone-at-a-time update
experiment (to see what might be the culprit) since for all I know it is
'order dependent', but...