[luatex] babel, fontspec und lualatex

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Fri Jul 26 13:06:23 CEST 2013

Am Fri, 26 Jul 2013 12:59:55 +0200 schrieb Philipp Gesang:

>> Imho the correct solution would be that luatex/luaotfload sets
>> \fontdimen1 for italic fonts to a sensible positiv value.

> What’s “a sensible value” if italic correction is done on node
> level? There’s tfmdata.properties.autoitalicamount and
> tfmdata.parameters.slantfactor if you need the information [0].
> We could certainly set further fontdimensions in addition to the
> one we do already (no. 8), but if we spend time on that part then
> why not supply the entire list in one go? Someone knowledgeable
> about font parameters and how they translate to the original
> values would have to supply the code, though, especially when it
> comes to the more delicate parts described in appendix G.

Perhaps one should ask Jonathan Kew. A similar discussion came up
for xelatex some years ago and he added at the request of Will
Robertston values of some of the standard fontdimens.

http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/xetex/2005-October/002692.html
http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/xetex/2005-December/002847.html

--
Ulrike Fischer