[luatex] luaotfload-tool lists fonts in subfolders

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Fri Jul 26 12:54:20 CEST 2013

Am Fri, 26 Jul 2013 12:25:26 +0200 schrieb Philipp Gesang:

> Btw. as you were asking to distinguish texmf from system fonts
> earlier: $OSFONTDIR as a kpathsea variable will be treated in the
> texmf category. Set $OSFONTDIR to the empty string to avoid that.
> Luaotfload will then scan $WINDIR/fonts independently.

I haven't set $OSFONDIR myself. There is no environment variable.
But miktex outputs a value when I use kpsewhich --expand-var. (BTW:
the output of TL and miktex is here too slightly different:

Miktex: C:/Windows/Fonts
TL: C:/Windows/fonts//

(notice the // at the end).

>> I also ran
>> G:\Z-Test>kpsewhich --expand-path=$OPENTYPEFONTS
>>
>> and can see there the same behaviour: Miktex shows the actual name
>> of the current folder, while TL shows ".".
>
> *That’s it*, exactly!
>
>> So probably luaotfload doesn't realize that G:\test is the current
>> folder and so starts to scan the subfolders. Should this problem be
>> addressed in luaotfload or should miktex change the output of
>> --expand-path?
>
> I probably could add a check for whether a path equals the
> abspath of “.”, though I find Miktex’s behavior counterintuitive
> to say the least. Is that expected on Win?

Well my TeXlive is also in Windows ;-)

Imho the question is if in an expanded path a variable like "."
should be expanded to the current directory or not.

But the question is: Why does luaotfload add a scan of subfolders at
all?

The output of kpse.expand_path "$OPENTYPEFONTS" contains already all
sensible subfolders, e.g.

"D:/MiKTeX2.9/fonts/opentype/public/asana-math"
"d:/texlive/2013/texmf-dist/fonts/opentype/public/Asana-Math",

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/