[luatex] luaotfload-tool lists fonts in subfolders

Philipp Gesang Philipp.Gesang at alumni.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Jul 26 11:31:30 CEST 2013

···<Datum: Tuesday, 23. July 2013>···<Von: Ulrike Fischer>···

> Am Mon, 22 Jul 2013 22:23:25 +0200 schrieb Philipp Gesang:
>

> >> During a test I run into the following problem:
> >>
> >> The luaotfload-names.lua created by miktex contains pathes of
> >> subfolders of my test document (the document is in z-test, and this
> >> folder is a complete jungle of various subfolders, and imho z-temp
> >> got there only due to some faulty mouse click):
> >>
> >> g:/z-test/z-temp/biolinum_re-0.3.7.otf
> >>
> >> Running the same document with texlive doesn't give this pathes in
> >> the cache file. So where do they come from?
> >
> > Does not happen here, neither with native Linux nor Wine, so all
> > I can offer is speculation:
> >
> > 1. $OSFONTDIR includes “.”;
>
> No, it is simply C:\windows\fonts
>
> > 2. in your document you specify a local font directory (via
> >    fontspec) that is included with aux.scan_external_dir();
> > 3. there’s a symlink in one of your font directories leading to
> >    that subdirectory or the font files therein.
> >
> > If none of the above applies, then how exactly did you generate
> > the names database? Can you reproduce it and do you have a log?
>
> I can reproduce it without problems and it is not related to a
> document but to the folder from where luaotfload-tool is called. If
> I start it in z-test I get all fonts in subfolders in z-test. If I
> start in F:/install I have fonts from there:
>
> ["filename"]="f:/install/schriften/vera/ttf-bitstream-vera-1.10/vera.ttf",
>

> The log file also show that the current directory is scanned:
>
> luaotfload | db : Scanning TEXMF and OS fonts...
> luaotfload | db : Scanning directory F:/Install
> luaotfload | db : 18 font files detected
> luaotfload | db : Loading font
> “f:/install/schriften/vera/ttf-bitstream-vera-1.10/vera.ttf”
>

> While in texlive the tool starts with a texmf-tree:
>
> luaotfload | db : Scanning TEXMF and OS fonts...
> luaotfload | db : Scanning directory
> e:/TeX/UFlocaltexmf/fonts/opentype
>

> Despite the fact that the fonts in the subfolders are listed
> miktex-luatex can't find and use them (that's how I stumbled over
> the problem: I was looping over luaoftload-names.lua and got "font
> not found errors"). Fonts in the current directory works fine in
> both systems.

Weird. Can you please post the output of below script? Thanks!
Philipp

#!/usr/bin/env texlua

kpse.set_program_name "luatex"
require "lualibs"

print (string.rep ("-", 71))
print (kpse.expand_path "$OSFONTDIR")

print (string.rep ("-", 71))
print (kpse.expand_path "$OPENTYPEFONTS")
print (string.rep ("-", 71))
inspect (file.splitpath (kpse.expand_path "$OPENTYPEFONTS"))

print (string.rep ("-", 71))
print (kpse.expand_path "$TTFONTS")
print (string.rep ("-", 71))
inspect (file.splitpath (kpse.expand_path "$TTFONTS"))

print (string.rep ("-", 71))