[luatex] \hyphenpenalty not working

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Mon Jul 8 19:48:44 CEST 2013

Le 08/07/2013 17:05, Élie Roux a écrit :
> Dear Taco,
>
> Thank you very much for your quick answer!
>
>> I think that bug is only for negative values? I tested some positive
>> ones, and these seemed ok.
>
> I have to say I don't know how to test positive values simply... I'll
> try though.

There is something more I don't understand: if you take the following
example:

\hsize=2cm
aaaaab\discretionary{1}{2}{3}\penalty-10000cd

\hyphenpenalty=-10000
aaaaab\discretionary{1}{2}{3}cd
\bye

(with pdfTeX), hyphenpenalty seems to be something more than just a
penalty after the discretionary. The question is: how is it possible to
set it with nodes? Discretionary nodes don't have a "penalty" field (not
in the manual at least)...

Thank you!
--
Elie