[luatex] detailed 'diagnostic' of MikTeX/Lua*/fontspec issues
Philipp.Gesang at alumni.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Jul 2 17:06:33 CEST 2013
···<date: 2013-07-02, Tuesday>···<from: Evan Cooch>···
> On 6/30/2013 6:17 AM, Philipp Gesang wrote:
> >···<date: 2013-06-29, Saturday>···<from: Evan Cooch>···
> >>>>>Not a luaotfload thing, as I wrote previously, this could be a
> >>>>>buggy font. Does it terminate correctly if you run:
> >>>>> luaotfload-tool --update --force --verbose=5 --dry-run
> >>>>No -- with or without the --dry-run flag, it terminates. The
> >>>>termination always occurs after it has started scanning my working
> >>>>directory (which happens to be the Desktop for my account, which
> >>>>again is an admin account).
> >>>Please try the attached patch for luaotfload.
> >>OK - if you tell me what to do with the patch. If this was a Linux
> >>machine, I know how to apply patches. This is a Windows machine - do
> >>I need to run something, or simply copy and paste from the patch
> >>into something else?
> >Sorry, I didn't consider that. Here's the patched file:
> > https://gist.github.com/phi-gamma/5894615
> >Best regards,
> Tried the patch -- doesn't seem to ork. When I run luaotfload-tool
> --update --force, I now get an error about database not found, and a
> bunch of other error messages:
> ... (x86)\MiKTeX 2.9\scripts\luaotfload\luaotfload-tool.lua:135: module 'luaotfload-database' not found:
> no field package.preload['luaotfload-database']
> [luatexbase.loader] Loading error:
> ...MiKTeX 2.9/tex/luatex/luaotfload/luaotfload-database.lua:2: unexpected symbol near '<'
> [kpse C searcher] file not found: 'luaotfload-database'
As the message says, something on line 2 of your
luaotfload-database.lua makes the parser choke. Since “>” isn’t
supposed to be anywhere near that line I suspect that your file
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 490 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the luatex