[luatex] Luatex 0.74.0 announcement

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Jan 7 20:15:03 CET 2013

On 2013-01-07 at 09:54:56 +0100, Keith J. Schultz wrote:

 > Hi Reinhard,
 >
 > I have a problem with your method.
 > On my Mac (OSX 10.8.2) my cp does not have a -d option.
 >
 > My question is what does the -d option do on your system.

Hi Keith,
from the GNU cp(1) manmage:

  -d      same as --no-dereference --preserve=links

  -P, --no-dereference
          never follow symbolic links in SOURCE

  --preserve[=ATTR_LIST]
          preserve the specified attributes (default: mode,ownership,time‐
          stamps),  if  possible  additional  attributes:  context, links,
          xattr, all

  -p      same as --preserve=mode,ownership,timestamps

  -R, -r, --recursive
          copy directories recursively

As far as I understand the BSD cp(1) manpage, symlinks are preserved
iff the -R option is specified, hence the -d option shouldn't be needed.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25