[luatex] read external file without extension

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Fri Feb 1 16:01:38 CET 2013

Am Fri, 1 Feb 2013 13:09:02 +0100 schrieb Herbert Voss:

>>> I have adifferent behaviour between pdflatex and lualatex:
>>>
>>> create any file _without an extension, eg foo, with contents bar :-)
>>>
>>> \documentclass{minimal}
>>> \begin{document}
>>> \input{foo}
>>> \end{document}
>>>
>>> running it with pdflatex it is ok, but with lualatex:
>>> ! LaTeX Error: File `foo.tex' not found.
>>

>> On miktex 2.9.
>>
>> \input foo
>> ==========
>> works fine with pdftex, luatex, xetex
>>
>> \input{foo}
>> works with luatex (plain) but not with
>> pdftex,xetex,pdflatex,lualatex,xelatex.
>>
>> It could be different in other miktex versions: I remember a
>> discussion about a changed behaviour in different miktex versions.
>>
>> Imho one should simply avoid files names with an unstandard number
>> of dots (where unstandard means everything different to 1).
>
> that's not my point! The different behaviour of a _basic_ functionality
> is it ...

Well on miktex there is no different behaviour: neither lualatex nor
pdflatex finds the file.

But my main point is that the behaviour depends on the OS and the
TeX-System and the version. Even if it works for you you can't be
sure that it work for someone else with a different system.

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/24773/how-to-avoid-automatic-tex-extension-in-filenames/24780#24780

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/