[luatex] [Dev-luatex] Luatex 0.78.0 announcement

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 19:57:27 CET 2013

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 7:35 PM, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Am 31.12.2013 um 17:09 schrieb Taco Hoekwater <taco at bittext.nl>:
>
>> I have just uploaded the archives for a new luatex release, 0.78.0.
>> This release merges some experimental branches, and fixes a few of the outstanding bugs.
>
> This is really gerat! Thanks for the new year's eve gift. Is there any official or non-official plan to provide binaries? I don't know who usually compiles lin/mac/win binaries.

Windows binaries are automatically compiled by Akira Kakuto within a
very short time.

See the links on http://w32tex.org/. The mirror is also on CTAN.

Mac binaries are already on
http://svn.contextgarden.net/suite-bin/tex/, others need to be
compiled by other maintainers in the ConTeXt community.

However I'm unable to find TLContrib, so the binaries won't
proliferate there yet.

> How does this relate to luajittex? Is this included or is it a separate project?

Luajittex is a separate project maintained by Luigi. He needs to merge
the changes manually.

Mojca