[luatex] lua module search behaviour

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Sat Apr 13 10:03:43 CEST 2013

Dear all,

I'm currently updating luatexbase, and I have a few questions:

The first two are related to the behaviour when searching for
"module.submodule" as "module/submodule.lua":

  - Am I right if I say that package.searchers[2] looks weel for it but
    kpse.find_file("module.submodule", 'lua') doesn't?
  - If it's true, is there a way to make it work with kpse.find_file?

The goal of not just letting packages.searchers[2] do his job quietly
(which it does well), is just to print the name of the loaded file,
between brackets... So the third question is:
   - is it possible to make the kpse version of packages.searchers[2]
     return a string containing the file name?
   - as a bonus question, the same would be good for
     packages.searchers[3]!

Thank you,
--
Elie