[luatex] Adobe-Identity-0 fonts in LuaTeX

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Oct 29 10:53:21 CET 2012


On 10/28/2012 01:15 PM, Kazuki Maeda wrote:
> Hello.
> I tried the following code with context. The result was same: no glyphs were displayed.

There is a bug in the luatex file search routine that is the cause of 
this: it fails to find Adobe-Identity-0.cidmap (because it is not using
kpathsea for discovery of that file). As it stands, luatex will only
find .cidmap files in the current directory. This is definitely a bug.

> By the way, test-xetex.pdf looks fine, but I found a problem.
> I tried to copy the text in the PDF, then I got:
> "<U+0002><U+0003><U+0004><U+0005><U+0006><U+0007><U+0008>  <U+000B>".

Adobe Identity maps Kenten Generic exactly like that, and if luatex
would be able to find the cidmap, you would get the same result.

There is something odd going on with the font's cmap table in that
it seems to have an internal table that maps the values to the
\char"2022 etc. but then it says 'Adobe-Identity-0' which seems
to overrule those, both in ICU and in luatex.

I have no idea yet what is going on there.

Best wishes,

More information about the luatex mailing list