[luatex] A problem in LuaLaTeX
dirk.laurie at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 16:48:44 CET 2012
2012/11/18 LeeTim <iamtimlee at outlook.com>:
> I am using LuaLaTeX under Windows 7, the version is
> beta-0.70.2-2012080612 (TeX Live 2012/W32TeX)
> the source file and the results compiled by xelatex and lualatex is in the
> I think this is a bug in LuaTeX.
I'm using TeXLive on Linux. I've got the Lucida fonts on my
XP partition. I convert them to be used with TeX by the following
# Assume Lucida ttf files already in fontdir
for i in \
"BrightDemiBold.ttf lbd" \
"BrightDemiItalic.ttf lbdi" \
"BrightItalic.ttf lbi" \
"BrightRegular.ttf lbr" \
"SansDemiBold.ttf lsd" \
"SansRegular.ttf lsr" \
"TypewriterBold.ttf lbtb" \
"TypewriterRegular.ttf lbtr" \
; do otftotfm -ae T1-WGL4.enc $FONTDIR/Lucida$i ; done
There are many, many messages like
I had to round some heights by 15.1366997 units.
I had to round some depths by 0.9766006 units.
I had to round some italic corrections by 0.7323999 units.
So obviously there are precision issues.
I then try test.tex. It says I don't have Lucida Grande, which is true.
Wikipedia says Lucida Sans is almost exactly the same. I change
text.tex to use Lucida Sans instead. The PDF file looks perfect.
So I think there is a problem with your font files, not with luatex.
More information about the luatex