[luatex] Behavior of node lists.

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Nov 8 23:09:52 CET 2012

On 11/8/2012 10:21 PM, Stephan Hennig wrote:

> That is, the first argument <head> is actually never needed.  Though, on

maybe in your code, but in mine it's needed in most cases

> the former line, you can't easily tell what happens, just from the
> arguments.  You need to know about the current == nil case.  And I
> guess, insert_after calls node.tail(head) behind the scenes anyway when
> current == nil.  The current function insert_after is making things more
> complicated than necessary, I think.  Am I missing something?

that there are all kind of usage

>> indeed reordering in no option
>>
>> (we could consider a two argument variant i.e. if two arguments, then
>> assume N, x)
>
> At the cost of an additional argument check.  Undesirable as well ...

depends ... just a nil check in c ... but anyhow, you write a wrapper:

you can consider wrapping it in a helper:

function i_a(n,current,head)
     return node.insert_after(head,current,n)
end

the overhead is neglectable