[luatex] Metapost capacity exceeded

Jean J2N-FORGET at orange.fr
Tue May 29 21:22:57 CEST 2012

Le mardi 29 mai 2012 à 09:25 +0200, Mojca Miklavec a écrit :

[ snip ]

> There are a lot of other ways, but this one is the simplest and
> spotting problems in there might be most valuable:
>
> Fetch TeX Live 2012 from here:
>     http://tug.org/texlive/pretest.html
>
> You need to run
>     ./install-tl -repository <url>
> where you can pick any <url> here: http://tug.org/texlive/mirmon/
> (only http/ftp), then you can try to install some scheme (not too
> minimal, but I guess that basic scheme should work for you if network
> speed is an issue, else you can also simply fetch the whole repository
> with rsync and install full scheme).
>
> After the end of installation, put
> <path/to/tl/installation>/bin/x86_64-linux (or whatever will be the
> path to binaries) in front of PATH variable.
>
> That way you will get the latest luatex, the latest packages, ... and
> something that will become part of Ubuntu one day. You can easily
> install anywhere in /home directory without having to interfere with
> the system.
>
> Mojca

Thank you, I will try to install a new version of luatex in this
way.

And answering to Norbert Preining's message :
>Everything of that is already in Ubuntu, just FYI ..., as well as in
>Debian.

Maybe it is in Ubuntu Precise Pangolin, but I have Lucid Lynx and
I am reluctant for now to switch to a new OS version. I prefer trying
new software versions in sandboxes.

Thank you,

Jean