[luatex] [NTG-context] Itemize without page break

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Mar 20 21:44:11 CET 2012

On 20-3-2012 20:59, Kip Warner wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 20:26 +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> well you can try what happens if you run stock lua:
>>
>> local t = { }
>> while true do
>>       t[#t+1] = "just a bogus string: " .. (#t+1)
>> end
>>
>> at some point your system will run out of (virtual) memory or lua will
>> run out of whatever its limits are
>
> Of course. And the same could be done in C, C++, or really any language
> that supports dynamic memory allocation. We just hope that programs that
> are built from them won't do that.

sure, but mu experience is that browsers of email clients are way more
demanding than tex when it comes to memory usage

for tex it depends how much memory is permitted (there are some maxima
that can be set in configuration files) ... i must say that I never run
out of memory, although with doing extreme torture tests with many fonts
one can come pretty close