[luatex] [NTG-context] Itemize without page break

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Mar 20 09:17:18 CET 2012

On 20-3-2012 06:49, Kip Warner wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 06:46 +0100, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> TeX has it’s problem with certain errors, accept it.
>
> It is not a problem with the program raising an error, it was how it
> went about doing it. It should not have to take down the entire
> operating system to indicate to the user that there was a non-intuitive
> syntactical error in typesetting.

tex is a macro language and that has benefits but also drawbacks; as
soon as you end up in unwanted expansion things can get nasty; anyhow, I get

Runaway argument?
{before=\startlinecorrection ,after= \stoplinecorrection
}]{\dodoubleemptyYESone \ETC.
! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [token memory size=90996078].

which is not really a crash of my operating system; there is not much I
can do about this issue I fear.