[luatex] [NTG-context] Itemize without page break

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 20 06:22:43 CET 2012

Am 20.03.2012 um 02:04 schrieb Kip Warner:

> On Mon, 2012-03-19 at 09:17 +0100, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Make a example because this works:
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> %\dorecurse{2}{\input tufte\par}
>> \dorecurse{3}{\input tufte\par}
>>
>> \startitemize[before={\startlinecorrection[blank]},after=
>> \stoplinecorrection]
>> \dorecurse{4}{\startitem \input ward \stopitem}
>> \stopitemize
>>
>> \dorecurse{3}{\input tufte\par}
>>
>> \stoptext
>
> I concur that your example works. Attached is an example of a minimal
> that does not for me. ConTeXt does its thing, invoking luatex which
> quickly gets nasty and starts spinning the clock - endlessly allocating
> memory until a 4GB system is run into the ground.

The problem is the empty second argument.

\startitemize[before=\startlinecorrection,after=\stoplinecorrection][]

When you pass two arguments with \startitemize the first argument os for keywords (e.g. packed or fit)
and second argument is for assignments (e.g. width=3cm) in your case context is looking for the keywords
“before=\startlinecorrection” and “after=\stoplinecorrection” which results in a loop.

Wolfgang