[luatex] Getting all symbols

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Wed Jun 13 11:55:52 CEST 2012

On 13/06/2012 10:36, Sensei wrote:
> One thing that I've noticed though is this: it isn't "hierarchical". If
> I add a package, there seems no distinction on symbols.
>
> You may say that it's the way TeX works, and that could be fine with me.
> But this also means that we are unable to know the origin of symbols
> (which package defines, for instance, \mathbb?).
>
> Is this last step hopeless?

TeX has no 'intrinsic' namespacing: it's all done by convention. There
is no link between macro definitions and packages, and indeed it is
possible for packages to (re)define the same macros. So you cannot
simply go from the document level commands (e.g. \mathbb) to the
packages which define them.
--
Joseph Wright