[luatex] Bumbling luatex newbie gets nowhere

Dirk Laurie dirk.laurie at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 14:47:06 CEST 2012

2012/7/20 Michael Talbot-Wilson <mtw at view.net.au>:

> my brand new Eplain Luatex (per luatex.fmt as below) doesn't do
> _this_ ...  Step one goes nowhere.  Any ideas, anyone?
>
> $ luatex test-modutils-plain.tex
> This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.70.1-2012071504

At the Univ, I pulled the latest TexLive dvd image off the local mirror
onto my USB disk, took it home, ran install-tl.

When I run the same test, it works.  My output starts

> This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.70.2-2012062812 (TeX Live 2012)

This seems to show that despite your later build date, you started
from older source.  Which may just explain why mine works
and yours doesn't.