[luatex] Package luamplib

Dirk Laurie dirk.laurie at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 07:09:50 CEST 2012

2012/7/20 Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>:

> First of all let me one thing completely clear: I *honestly* believe
> that *most* people whining about the TL2009 being so old have no
> *actual* need for tl2012 or so, since the write normal LaTeX documents
> that work even with TL2005. It is only their infinite upgraditis
> or however it is called.

The perception that >50% of the complaints come from people who don't
actually need it, even if true, does not change that fact that many people
do need it.

I have run into several problems -- packages hyperref, luamplib, fontspec,
biblatex etc. -- and reported them on this or another list.  (That's  where
this thread started.) In most cases I got replies, even from Windows users,
that it's a bug that was fixed long ago.

> If there is a problem with diskspace you should create an equivs package,
> as described on the web page tug.org/texlive/debian.html

> So all settled, unless we assume that people are incapable of reading
> the documentation.

That page is very helpful indeed.  It would be even more so if available in
the documentation packaged with tex-common.

Dirk