[luatex] FYI: visual debugging in LuaLaTeX

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Thu Feb 23 11:13:02 CET 2012

Hi,

just for your information: there is a new (Lua)LaTeX package on CTAN (hopefully soon in the distributions): lua-visual-debug.

Heavily inspired by Hans Hagen's visual debugging "art-visi.pdf" http://pragma-ade.com/articles/art-visi.pdf

---------------------
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{lmodern}
\usepackage{lua-visual-debug}

\setlength\textwidth{300pt}
\setlength\textheight{10cm}

\begin{document}

\section{A short story}

A wonderful serenity has taken possession of my entire soul, like these sweet
mornings of spring which I enjoy with my whole heart. I am alone, and feel the
charm of existence in this spot, which was created for the bliss of souls like
mine. I am so happy, my dear friend, so absorbed in the exquisite sense of mere
tranquil existence, that I neglect my talents.

\begin{itemize}
  \item one
  \item two
  \item three
\end{itemize}

\bgroup\fontsize{30}{34}\selectfont
\centerline{\TeX}
\egroup

\vbox{\strut Hello}\kern .5cm\vbox{\strut World}

\[ \int_e^x=mc^2 \]

\end{document}

Gives the attached PDF.

http://www.ctan.org/pkg/lua-visual-debug