[luatex] luatex segfault on mips64el hardware

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 09:46:32 CET 2012

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 11:12 PM, Kip Warner <kip at thevertigo.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-02-15 at 20:48 +0100, luigi scarso wrote:
>> which subarchictecture ?
>> http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/mipsel/ch02s01.html.en
>
> Hey Luigi,
>
> I believe it is none of them. The machine in question is a Lemote
> YeeLoong. Loongson is apparently its own architecture.
>
> In case it helps, here is the contents of /proc/cpuinfo.
>
> $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
> system type             : lemote-yeeloong-2f-8.9inches
> processor               : 0
> cpu model               : ICT Loongson-2 V0.3  FPU V0.1
> BogoMIPS                : 797.00
> wait instruction        : no
> microsecond timers      : yes
> tlb_entries             : 64
> extra interrupt vector  : no
> hardware watchpoint     : yes, count: 0, address/irw mask: []
> ASEs implemented        :
> shadow register sets    : 1
> kscratch registers      : 0
> core                    : 0
> VCED exceptions         : not available
> VCEI exceptions         : not available
>
> More information on the architecture here:
>
> http://www.gnewsense.org/Projects/Lemote?action=recoverpass#TheCPU
Hm I  have to see if there is some support for qemu, ( and even better
for cross-compilation).
From
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loongson

Unlike processors from Intel, Advanced Micro Devices or VIA
Technologies, Loongson does not support the x86 instruction set. The
processor's main operating system is GNU/Linux, while in theory any OS
with MIPS support should also work. For example, Windows CE was ported
to a Loongson-based system with minimal effort.[13] In 2010, Lemote
ported an Android distribution to the Loongson platform.[14]

--
luigi