[luatex] Luatex tutorial

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Wed Aug 29 21:23:50 CEST 2012

Hi,

Mikoláš Štrajt wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am interested both in Lua and TEX, so it seems to be logic that
> pay attention to LuaTex.
>
> However I am newbie to TEX, so I don't understand what is possible
> to do with the bare LuaTex. (It's not mean bad, but I don't find any
> begginer section in documentation of it).

It's not really a beginner's guide, but the chickenize-package [1] is
meant for educational use. In that package, some “funny” manipulations
are done using Lua code that would be [nearly] impossible to do in any
non-Lua-TeX.

However, while this may help you understand the Lua-side, it will not
help you to produce any nice documents. That's rather a TeX-side related
thing and you'd have to learn TeX/ConTeXt/LaTeX to really produce documents.

cheers
Arno

[1] via “texdoc chickenize” or https://github.com/alt/chickenize