[luatex] [tex-live] Ignored italic correction with lua(la)tex format

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Mon Oct 17 09:42:53 CEST 2011

Am Mon, 17 Oct 2011 13:28:47 +1100 schrieb Vafa Khalighi:

> Also it would be better to do it as:
>
> \everymath\expandafter{\the\everymath \luatexcatcodetable\CatcodeTableLaTeX}
>
> then, if some other packages also use \everymath and \everydisplay, their
> contents does not get lost. As an example amsmath package puts \@displaytrue
> inside \everydisplay.

To repeat my comment in another branch of this thread:

I find it a bit problematic to reset the catcode table completly in
math. While it is unprobable that someone would try to use U+1D443
in a command name in math, I think it is not improbable that in
future a greek will use a beta, or a french an "é", or a german an
"ü" in a command name. I think that an unicode engine like luatex
should not force its users to use only ascii-commands in math.

If the catcode must be reset (that is if the engine can not handle
the problem better) it would be much better to set it at the
*end* of the math environment (this will be enough for the problem
discussed here). But as Taco said he will change the engine,
resetting the catcode will probably not be necessary at all.

--
Ulrike Fischer