[luatex] Building LuaTeX (again).

Keith J. Schultz schultzk at gmx.net
Tue Oct 4 11:10:32 CEST 2011

Hi Hartmut,

I am not know the system you are using, but I can other you some thoughts.

1) a missing file error is generally an indication of a faulty set up or something missing.

The important message is:

This should work unless it involves constant data structures referencing symbols from auto-imported DLLs.
c:/texlive/luatex/trunk/build/libs/poppler/libpoppler.a(GlobalParams.o):c:\texlive\luatex\trunk\build\libs\poppler/../../../source/libs/poppler/poppler-0.18.0/poppler/GlobalParams.cc:436: undefined reference to `EnumFontsA at 16'
c:/texlive/luatex/trunk/build/libs/poppler/libpoppler.a(GlobalParams.o): In function `WinFontList':
c:\texlive\luatex\trunk\build\libs\poppler/../../../source/libs/poppler/poppler-0.18.0/poppler/GlobalParams.cc:338: undefined reference to `EnumFontsA at 16)

2) the is not finding the reference for EnumFontsA at 16
     this can be diverse reasons.
	a) a missing include in a header file
	b) a missing library of object file in the make file
	c) a faulty make file (for your system)
	d) a wrong library or object is being accessed
	e) the start of the message gives a hint, but I have no idea what it suppose to mean.
             Though it seems to say this is designed to work on some systems, but not all and if it does not
	      you will have to fix it yourself.

3) the build command of batch file is not designed properly!!! It should have exited when the above failed.
     luatex.exe will not exist when the above fails!

hope tis helps

regards
	Keith.