[luatex] Loading Lua modules

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Tue Oct 4 09:50:00 CEST 2011

Hi,

> I can't see why the devs didn't preserve the usual entries in package.loaders, just pushing them a few indices forth.

My guess would be that TeX systems should live in their own world and not be system dependent. But that's just a wild guess.

> Does anyone know a (practical, preferably portable) workaround?

Put the modules in a texmf tree. But then you won't be happy because loading Lua modules is a game of luck with LuaTeX (on OS X at least). Unless you edit the build script and compile LuaTeX yourself.

(Sorry to keep on about this - it's really a pity that this is the case with LuaTeX and I have no idea how to help here.)

Patrick