[luatex] [lltx] [tex-live] Location of recorder file

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Sun May 15 12:38:01 CEST 2011

Am Fri, 13 May 2011 13:41:32 +0200 schrieb Philipp Stephani:

>> I think, the file name interfaces should be transparent
>> in the sense, that all characters are supported and
>> the user is only hit by the restrictions of the operating
>> system or the file system, but not by artificial restrictions
>> by the software inbetween.

> I agree, but this will never happen: try to use a Unicode file
> name on Windows in any engine ... even though they are perfectly
> legal as far as the operating system is concerned,

Which reminds me this news:

http://www.heise.de/security/meldung/Rueckwaerts-wird-ein-Virus-draus-1242127.html
(german with a link to an english article)

So to give you some more headaches: Did someone try what happens (in
luatex) with file names which do contain 0x202E (right-to-left
override) und 0x202B (right-to-left embedding)?

(Personally I'm a strict ASCII-with-no-spaces-file-names-user and
only expect "lualatex \def\myflag{true}\input file" to work
correctly.)

--
Ulrike Fischer