[luatex] Kerning: when does it not work?

Paul Isambert zappathustra at free.fr
Fri May 6 12:08:23 CEST 2011

Le 06/05/2011 11:57, Ulrike Fischer a écrit :
> Am Fri, 06 May 2011 11:50:57 +0200 schrieb Paul Isambert:
>
>> So now the list of calls to \urladdbreakpoint at the end of your file
>> can be replaced with (spaces are optional):
>>
>> \urladdbreakpoint{ . @ \\ / ;>  ] ) , ' }{after}
>> \urladdbreakpoint{ ! _ ? + = }{both}
> It would fine if one could suppress breaking *between* two slashes
> "//".
>
>     http:/
> /www
>
> looks odd.

I'd thought of it, actually specifying breakpoints not before/after
characters but before/after sequences; you'd need something like ``you
can break after a slash unless it is followed by another slash''. The
problem is it's a little bit more work, and we're turning this help to
Till into package writing :)

Some times ago, I have written a tentative file meant to find sequences
of nodes somehow like regexps; it could be put to use here, if it were
cleaned up, but it would be a bit of an overkill. Probably defining
things here like ``remove penalty between pair of slashes'' (to be
applied after penalties have been inserted) would be simpler, albeit
quite ad hoc and unelegant.

Best,
Paul