[luatex] shipout a page

Paul Isambert zappathustra at free.fr
Tue Jun 28 23:41:22 CEST 2011

Le 28/06/2011 19:45, Taco Hoekwater a écrit :

> On 28 jun. 2011, at 18:49, Patrick Gundlach<patrick at gundla.ch>  wrote:
>> See the reply to Paul: I am still interested in a solution without an intermediate box.
>>

> The only way to get stuff to the pdf is via a box register (unless you count creating the low-level pdf code for the page stream yourself via pdf literals, but I assume that is not what you had in mind). That's just how it is. If you want to hide this effect, write a two-line function based on Luigi's code.

I suppose Patrick wants to retrieve the contents of the MVL. This does it:

   local p1 = node.copy_list(tex.lists.page_head)
   local p2 = node.copy_list(tex.lists.contrib_head)
   node.insert_after(p1, node.tail(p1), p2)
   tex.box[0].head = p1
   tex.lists.page_head = nil
   tex.lists.contrib_head = nil
   tex.shipout(0)

Well, it seems to work, but something tells me it is a very bad idea.
Not the kind of thing I'd rely on until I've had a better understanding
of the page_head/contrib_head interaction, at least.

Best,
Paul