[luatex] setting lccode "automatically"

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 16:28:28 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 3:31 PM, Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:
> On Do, 23 Jun 2011, Robin Fairbairns wrote:
>> > also "SZ" can be used for the uppercase form of "ß": "MASZE".
>>
>> anyone would think that the people who designed the german language had
>> simply not thought of computerisation...
>
> As it is with other languages: Italian lowercase è and é(=e) end
> up in the upper case as E (at least in normal writing).
?
é != e
" e " is also conjunction, " é " it is not.
Also
e => E
é => É
è => È
It's true that we use E' for È / É --- the italian keyboard is quite limited ---
and also  e' for è/é  --- it's an error, btw.
Infact
" un po' "  (a few)
is correct,
" un pò " is wrong

and
" perché " (because)
is correct while
" perchè " is wrong as is " perche' "

There are many situations where  the accent make difference
àncora :=anchor
ancóra :=still, again
but,  ahimè, few of us know the rules...

--
luigi