[luatex] bug: double quotes are not printed

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Sat Jun 11 17:14:36 CEST 2011

Am Sat, 11 Jun 2011 16:01:04 +0200 schrieb Mojca Miklavec:

>> shouldn't LuaTeX issue an error about an invalid code unit sequence in such cases?
>
> As Ulrike pointed out, my LuaTeX does break with
>
> ! String contains an invalid utf-8 sequence.
> l.15 2.
>        «double quotes» are not printed
>
> and it seems that Igor's broke as well. But for some reason MikTeX
> generated the final document (possibly after hitting enter for a
> couple of times or if editor passes some argument).

Editors set often \scrollmode or --scrollmode as default
(texniccenter certainly, emacs as far as I know too). At my opinion
this is pity. It makes compilation easier when the errors are
temporary (e.g. due to outdated aux-files) but it leads also quite a
lot people to ignore errors as long as a pdf is generated.

--
Ulrike Fischer